Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup red-hot candies
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- In a bowl, dissolve candies in water (keep warm until melted). Add gelatin and stir to dissolve. Stir in the applesauce and pour half into an 9" square pan that has been lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cover and set remaining gelatin mixture aside at room temperature. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients and spread over chilled gelatin mixture. Carefully pour remaining gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Chill overnight. Yield: 9 servings This recipe was sent to Reminisce magazine by Lisa Andis.
We went to a cookout and my wife made this to bring. It is so refreshing and delicious that we came home with an empty bowl! Really delicious and a great dish for the holidays too!