Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
With Fall aproaching and the leaves already begining to turn gold and droping what could be better than this outstanding (and easy) dish of pork loin, apples, cinnamon and pecans! Good enough for company but simple enough for everyday family.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork chops in 1 tablespoon butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Remove chops and keep warm.
- Add the apples, pecans, brown sugar mixture and remaining butter to the pan; cook and stir until apples are tender.
- Serve with chops.
Yum. Pork chops and apples. Classic!!! I loved the simplicity of the recipe. Made for CQ 2014 and the Cake Pops!
When I first looked at this recipe I thought it called for pork tenderloins, so that was what I bought, however when I began to make it tonight I realized it was for chops. So I sliced the tenderloins into about 12 one 1.5" thick chops. The recipe doesn't call for peeling the apples so I didn't, but both DH and DD both thought the thinly sliced apple skin didn't enhance the dish as they got stuck in their teeth. I also quartered the pecans so DH and DD could pick them out easily. I also served the chops with the apple pecan mixture on top. All and all I thought it was a great Fall dish and I will be making it again. Made for Fall Photo tag.
Delicious! We both raved about this, and it was so quickly made. I used the tart apples from my garden which usually are very dry, but this recipe is perfect for them. And I halved the recipe for the two of us and used only 1 teaspoon brown sugar, that was just perfect.<br/>Thanks for sharing!!<br/>Made for CQ 2014