Recipe by Celeste!
This recipe is for the bread machine from the book The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook. I make it without the pecans. It calls for gluten which is found at most any health food store. This recipe makes a 2 pound loaf.
Top Review by jake ryley'smommy
Made for PAC Fall 2008. This bread turned out really nice. It is wasn't as sweet as I was expecting, but it was really good with some jam on it. My kids loved it for PB+J's. I used fresh apples, so I added an extra handful of flour part way through the kneading. It turned out soft and fluffy. We will be using this recipe again, thanks!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten
- 1 teaspoon gluten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons saf yeast or 1 tablespoon bread machine yeast
- 2⁄3 cup chopped dried apple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the ingredients, except the apples and pecans, in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's instructions.
- Set crust on medium and program for the Basic or Fruit and Nut cycle; press Start. (This recipe is not suitable for use with the Delay Timer.).
- When the machine beeps, or between Knead 1 and Knead 2, add the apples and pecans.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.