Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The wonderful aroma that these pancakes have is absolutely mouth-watering. If you like the taste of apples and cinnamon you will love these pancakes. These pancakes hold well in the refrigerator, and can also be frozen for latter breakfasts. To defrost cover 2 or 3 pancakes with a damp paper towel and heat in microwave for 40 seconds.
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon peel
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 apples (well shredded)
- Preheat griddle on medium heat.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, nutmeg, allspice, lemon peel, and cinnamon into a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy. Stir in the vanilla and milk.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until well blended. Stir in shredded apple.
- Spray griddle with gluten free non-stick spray.
- Pour about a 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the griddle. (This is so they cook all the way through).
- Cook, turning once, until golden brown on each side.
- To serve, drizzle gluten free maple syrup over the pancakes.
- Note: The flour I use is a gluten free, rice based flour(this flour soaks up a lot of moisture), so you may need to adjust the wet ingredients to compensate if you use a wheat based flour.
These pancakes were full of flavor, but had a gummy texture. Could this be because I didn't use gluten-free flour? I was thankful for the nutrition of it, but couldn't get my kids to eath them.