Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Healthy Across America. I love to double or triple the recipe for school and freeze the extras. Just reheat in the toaster or microwave for a minute or two until piping hot.
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats (not instant)
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (I like a little more)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Mix together oats, flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix buttermilk, egg, applesauce, and butter.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.
- Coat skillet or equivalent with spray and place on medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup batter at a time to make pancakes.
- Cook on one side until tiny bubbles form along edges.
- Flip and cook another 3-5 minutes per side.