Love how I got this recipe! I bought a cookbook at an estate sale and inside was a very yellowed newspaper clipping from the Chicago Daily News and this recipe was printed on it. This recipe calls for peanut oil (which I love) but if you are making this for company or a pot luck, make sure there are no peanut allergies! I guessed the yield since there was no mention here and since I haven't made them yet. Feel free to update the recipe if you discover it is different!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs until light and foamy.
- 2Mix in 3 tablespoons sugar, salt, 1 teaspoons cinnamon, and water until well blended.
- 3Stir in chopped apple, flour and grated lemon peel; mix well.
- 4Heat the oil in skillet.
- 5Drop 1/4 cup apple mixture into hot oil. Flatten slightly. Fry on each side until golden brown.
- 6Drain on paper towels.
- 7Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon to make the topping.
- 8Sprinkle sugar-cinnamon mixture over hot latkes.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Apple Latkes
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.3
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 618.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 44.4 g
- Protein 5.8 g