Prep 12 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Back to my Texas roots with a Jello salad. This one is yummy. Cook time is chill time
- 6 ounces cherry Jell-O
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup red cinnamon candies
- 3 cups grated peeled apples
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Dissolve candy in water over medium high heat, stirring often.
- Remove from heat; add jello and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in pecans and apples when cooled.
- Pour into serving dish.
- Refrigerate until jello is firm and you are ready to serve the salad.
A very light refresing jello. I halfed the recipe and used even less pecans. I also add some fresh strawberries. Adding the cinnamon candies was so good, it added a lovely flavour of our childhooh. Thanks Annacia!
Gotta give this a 5-STAR rating, as much because I really like jello salads as anything else! This was especially unusual for me because of the grated--rather than diced or chunked--apples, & I liked that! I varied from the recipe only in that I used just 1/4 cup of the candies. Next time, though, I intend to use 1/3 cup! Very, very nice, & many thanks for posting it!
I guess I was expecting it to taste more like a red apple. I think I would have liked it better without the red hots -- cherry apple jello salad.