Recipe by JLBurnell
from samsclub.com estimated time.
Top Review by punkrockbambi
Really great simple recipe. I agree with the other two comments, you really don't need that much margarine/butter, I put just enough to saute the apples and didn't feel the need to add more. Used equal amounts of local unpasteurized honey (a good season allergy cure!) and brown sugar, a little salt in addition to the lemon to cut the sweetness and it was just perfect, I didn't even need to eat the crepes with syrup or anything. In the future I would add cranberries and almonds or walnuts.. I think that would be amazing.
- 1 cup unsalted margarine, softened
- 3 cups thinly sliced apples, ripe
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons clover honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 3 tablespoons of margarine in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- When bubbling, add the fruit and sauté 4 to 6 minutes until softened.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients and put set aside to cool on the counter or in the refrigerator.
- When cool, fill crepes with desired amount.