Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
good healthy treat for our four legged friends... Had to make a correction on this recipe..the firt time I made them..way too dry..could not even get a dough..When I made them, my dog pulled on the lace tablecloth and pulled container of treats, that I had cooling..he ate almost all of them, before I discovered it
- In large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Blend in 2 large eggs, lightly beaten.
- Stir in water and apple.mix till dough forms.
- If dough still seems unworkable, add enough chicken broth so dough will come together.
- Knead on lightly floured surface till smooth.
- Roll on lightly floured surface.
- Cut with desired shape cookie cutters.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325* till brown and crunchy.10-12 minute.
- Store tightly covered.
2 Boxer Boys think these treaties absolutely rock Grandma2969..They can't get enough of them, when they were baking they came in and sniffed their way right up to the oven and just sat and stared at it, waiting patiently (and drooling, Lord my wood floors were soaked)..thanks so much for sharing!!
My dog did enjoy these, however, i'm not going to rate this just yet as I believe a step is missing from this. I followed the recipe as stated and kept wondering when to add the oil. When I didn't see it I assumed it was for greasing the pan. I had a heck of a time trying to get the dough smooth and pliable enough to use a cookie cutter...so i cut it into 50 rectangles. They smell nice while cooking and I will attempt these again adding the oil when I add the eggs.
My Maltipoo really loved these treats. I didn't have any cornmeal so I just added extra wheat flour and they still seemed to taste great to her. Thanks for the recipe!