Recipe by grandma2969
good healthy treat for our four legged friends... Had to make a correction on this recipe..the firt time I made them..way too dry..could not even get a dough..When I made them, my dog pulled on the lace tablecloth and pulled container of treats, that I had cooling..he ate almost all of them, before I discovered it
Top Review by MaMere
2 Boxer Boys think these treaties absolutely rock Grandma2969..They can't get enough of them, when they were baking they came in and sniffed their way right up to the oven and just sat and stared at it, waiting patiently (and drooling, Lord my wood floors were soaked)..thanks so much for sharing!!
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup grated apple, leave peel on
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup warm water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Blend in 2 large eggs, lightly beaten.
- Stir in water and apple.mix till dough forms.
- If dough still seems unworkable, add enough chicken broth so dough will come together.
- Knead on lightly floured surface till smooth.
- Roll on lightly floured surface.
- Cut with desired shape cookie cutters.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325* till brown and crunchy.10-12 minute.
- Store tightly covered.