1/4 Photos of Cinnamon-Apple Crostata
2 hrs 20 mins
This European-style tart is easily shaped on a cookie sheet and has an extra-cinnamony aroma while it bakes. Enjoy it warm from the oven. From the pillsbury website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box (from 15-oz box)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled cooking apples (4 medium)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans or 2 tablespoons walnuts
- whipped cream, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 450°F
- 2Remove pie crust from pouch; place flat on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3In medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, the cornstarch and cinnamon.
- 4Gently stir in apples.
- 5Spoon apple mixture onto center of crust, spreading to within 2 inches of edge.
- 6Fold crust edge over filling to form 2-inch border, pleating crust as necessary.
- 7Brush crust edge with water; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- 8Bake 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- 9Sprinkle pecans over apple mixture.
- 10Bake 5 to 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
- 11Serve with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon-Apple Crostata
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.9
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 90.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g