Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Bon Appétit | March 1993 by Fran Love Taylor: Raleigh, North Carolina
- 1 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 1⁄2 lbs granny smith apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 450°F Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in large bowl. Add apples and toss to coat. Transfer apple mixture to prepared dish.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar and butter in medium bowl. Using pastry blender or fingertips, blend ingredients until coarse meal forms. Spread flour mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake crisp 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F Bake crisp until apples are tender and topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.