Recipe by Erin Crable
I got this recipe off the back of a brown sugar bag. It's simple and very good served warm with icecream. One of those comfort foods for a cool autumn day.
- 8 cups sliced and peeled granny smith apples
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apples in 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.