Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this from Penzeys Fall 2006 catalogue. I love apple cider, so this had to be included.
- 12 cups apple cider
- 6 cups cranberry juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 inches cinnamon sticks
- 2 ceylon softstick cinnamon sticks
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Combine the apple cider, cranberry juice, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon sticks and cloves in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low so the cider is gently simmering and add the vanilla extract.
- Simmer for 45 minutes to blend the flavors and serve.