Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Found online posted by Lisa Saltzman. Reminiscent of an old-fashioned plum pudding, this moist cake is bursting with cinnamon and apple flavor. It’s served with a decadent hard sauce spiked with Grand Marnier for a nuance of orange. Sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar, if desired.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups fuji apples, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 325°F Grease and flour 10-cup Bundt or tube pan.
- Whisk melted butter, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl; whisk in eggs. Whisk flour, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt in medium bowl; gently stir into butter mixture. Fold in apples, walnuts and cranberries. (Batter will be stiff.) Spoon into pan.
- Bake 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.*.
- Meanwhile, beat 1/2 cup butter and powdered sugar in medium bowl at medium-high speed 2 to 3 minutes or until well-blended. Add all remaining sauce ingredients; beat 1 minute or until smooth. Serve at room temperature. (Sauce can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- TIP *To warm cake, cover loosely with foil. Bake at 300°F for 15 to 20 minutes.