1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is from the Oct. 1997 issue of Cooking Light Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup block-style fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups chopped peeled rome apples (about 2 large)
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Beat 1 1/2cups sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla at medium speed until well-blended (about 4 minutes.).
- 3Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; set aside.
- 4Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level with a knife.
- 5Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 6Add flour mixture to cream cheese mixture; beat at low speed until blended.
- 7Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- 8Combine 2 tbsp of the cinnamon mixture and apple in a large bowl, mix well.
- 9Stir apples into batter.
- 10Pour batter into an 8-inch springform pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 11Sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture over cake batter.
- 12Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until cake pulls away from sides of pan.
- 13Cook cake completely on a wire rack and remove from pan.
- 14To serve, cut cake with a serrated knife.
- 15Note: If you make this cake in a 9-iinch square pan, reduce baking time by 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon-Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 142.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free cream cheese