Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A fast, tasty dish for brunch. Recipe comes from McCormick spices.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- In saucepan, melt butter, stir in brown sugar, apple pie filling, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Spread half of the apple mixture in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Separate biscuits; cut each into quarters.
- Arrange pieces, Points Up, over mixture.
- Spoon remaining mixture over biscuits; sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
It was a good,quick breakfast-- but a little heavy on the cinnamon for our taste.
I have had this recipe for quite awhile and like it because it is so simple. It calls for ingredients you usually have on hand.
I love McCormick's recipes and this is another good one. I had a can of apple pie filling in the pantry to use so I am glad to have found this recipe. I did cut back a little on the brown sugar, but otherwise made as written. Thanks for another good recipe, Barb.