1 hr 20 mins
Judy from Hawaii's Note:
This recipe comes from the Honolulu Advertiser & is about 15 years old. The apple cinnamon mixture is very rich & yummy. Sweet bread is readily available in Hawaii, but I bet the pudding would come out fine with regular white bread too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Heat 3 T butter in a nonstick frying pan& saute chopped apples& lemon juice on medium low heat.
- 3Add brown sugar& cinnamon& continue cooking til the juice drains from the apples& thickens.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Place bread cubes in a 9 by 9" pan, lightly greased with butter.
- 6Sprinkle raisins over the bread.
- 7In a large bowl, beat eggs& add white sugar, vanilla, milk,& sauted apple mixture.
- 8Mix well& pour over the bread cubes.
- 9Bake 1 hour or till knife comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Apple Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.0
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 56.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: