Recipe by Topher
Ooooo...such a great combo. Found these online but I think they might be from King Arthur Baking Cookbook.
- 177.44 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 118.29 ml white whole wheat flour
- 158.51 ml rolled oats, ground in a food processor for 30 seconds
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 7.39 ml salt
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml fresh grated nutmeg
- 1.23 ml allspice
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 177.48 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 314.66 ml packed brown sugar
- 236.59 ml natural applesauce
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 236.59 ml cinnamon baking chips
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 88.74 ml honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, ground oats, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice and ginger.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in the applesauce and vanilla until combined. Beat in the egg, making sure to stop and scrape down the bowl a couple times. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until combined - fold in the cinnamon chips.
- Scoop mixture into a 9" x 13" baking dish coated with nonstick spray and use an off-set spatula to spread the mixture evenly.
- Bake until golden and the center just begins to spring back when lightly touched in the center - about 30-40 minutes, the center should still be moist -- but not wet. Remove and place baking dish on a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze:.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the peanut butter and honey. Heat in the microwave just until the peanut butter softens. Stir the two together until smooth and quickly spread the mixture over the bars.