Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great for lunchboxes!... You can add chopped almonds or walnuts to these YUMMY bars.
- 3 -4 apples
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup rolled oats
- sliced almonds, to garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and core apples; dice.
- Cream margarine and sugar; add eggs and beat well.
- Mix dry ingredients together in small bowl; then add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats and apples; press into greased 9 by 14-inch pan; garnish with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Delicious bars! I did add about 1/4 teaspoon of salt and some chopped walnuts. Very good frosted with #44051 Caramel Cake Frosting recipe. Thanks!
We loved these bars. To make it a little healthier I used 1/2 the margarine and substituted apple sauce for the rest. I also used wholemeal flour. The kids were none the wiser. Great lunchbox / treat recipe. Thank you.