1/6 Photos of Cinnamon and Sugar Beignets
5 hrs 25 mins
I found this recipe in "Out to Brunch - At Mildred Pierce Restaurant" Beignets are a french doughnut without the holes. These are best served while still warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, combine the warm water, yeast and 1 teaspoons of the sugar. Set in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together the butter, remaining white sugar and the cinnamon. Add the eggs and yolk one at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition. Beat in the yeast mixture, salt and flour until smooth.
- 3Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot until the dough has doubled in size, about 2 hours. Punch down the dough in the bowl, cover again and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- 4Heat the oil to 325 F (160 C). Meanwhile, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and press to a 1" thickness. Using a 2" cookie cutter dipped into flour, stamp out the beignets. Press scraps together and pat into a 1" thickness. Cut out the remaining beignets.
- 5Fry beignets, 4 at a time, turning occasionally until they're evenly browned (about 5 mins). With the slotted spoon, carefully scoop them out and place on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Roll the beignets in the Cinnamon Sugar while they're still warm.
- 6Note: Also good rolling them in powdered/confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon and Sugar Beignets
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.6
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 165.0 mg
- Sodium 335.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 56.4 g
- Protein 11.7 g