Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living issue 12 2007.
- 250 ml skim milk (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or equivalent sugar substitute such as Splenda)
- 45 g instant oats (1/2 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ground cinnamon, extra to serve (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk and sugar and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Stir in the oats, raisins and cinnamon and cook uncovered stirring often for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Divide between serving bowls and sprinkle with extra cinnamon if desired.
I really enjoyed this for breakfast. I made a small change in that I used dried cranberries in place of the raisins. Perfect combination of flavors and a nice texture to the oats. Thanks Pat for a great recipe! Made for your win during the Healthy Choices holiday tag special.
What a great way to start the day! I used regular sugar instead of splenda and 2% milk and it was delicious! Made for Zaar 1-2-3 Hits Tag Game 2012.
I did make several changes to the recipe, but nothing substantial, I thought! First of all it makes enough for one of us, so I doubled it for two! I also increased the raisins (1/2 cup for 2 of us) & left out the sugar since we like a bit of brown sugar on the top! And the recipe does make for a very nicely satisfying breakfast! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Make My Recipe tag]