Recipe by I'mPat
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living issue 12 2007.
Top Review by HokiesMom
I really enjoyed this for breakfast. I made a small change in that I used dried cranberries in place of the raisins. Perfect combination of flavors and a nice texture to the oats. Thanks Pat for a great recipe! Made for your win during the Healthy Choices holiday tag special.
- 250 ml skim milk (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or equivalent sugar substitute such as Splenda)
- 45 g instant oats (1/2 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ground cinnamon, extra to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk and sugar and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Stir in the oats, raisins and cinnamon and cook uncovered stirring often for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Divide between serving bowls and sprinkle with extra cinnamon if desired.