Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
this will make about a dozen..just right for a lazy Sunday morning
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup plumped golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- combine flour, sugar, soda and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in bowl --
- cut in 6 tbls butter until crumbly --
- mix in raisins -- add buttermilk.mixing to form soft dough.
- knead lightly on floured surface.
- pat into rectangle.
- sprinkle generously with additional cinnamon.
- knead lightly.
- pat to 1/2"-3/4" thickness.
- cut into biscuits.
- placeo on baking sheets.
- bake at 425* for 12-15 minutes or until light brown --
- spread hot biscuits with vanilla glaze --
- to prepare VANILLA GLAZE:.
- blend softened butter, milk, vanilla and confectioners sugar in a bowl --
- spread over hot biscuits.
- serve warm.