Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A simple tea.
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tea bag (I use Lipton strong black tea)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pour water, cinnamon, and cloves into a pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add a tea bag and let steep at a lower heat until desired strength is reached. I usually wait 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 teaspoons lemon juice and sugar. More or less lemon juice may be needed depending on the concentration. The kind I use is pretty strong, so I only use a teaspoons Use less sugar or substitute depending on your preference.
- Remove from pan and heat and pour into cups. Cool and serve with ice for an ice tea.
This is good. I used frfeshly squeezed lemon. I would suggest a coffee filter to strain. I imagine this might be better cold as an ice tea. Made for Comfort Cafe - Snow Queens Round 01/10.
This could very well become my favourite spiced tea! What a great way to warm up after being out in the chilly outdoors this morning. I made this exactly as written and I wouldn't change a thing. As I wrapped my cold hands around the steaming mug and inhaled the spicy scent I thought "oooh this is going to be good." And so it was! Thank you Missis Spock. Made for the Snow Queen Comfort Cafe 2010.
Very tasty cup of tea! I usually like plain tea with nothing in it, but this was a nice little treat today. I made exactly as the recipe states and it came out perfect. The lemon gives it a nice zing, but the sugar balances the tartness of the lemon and spices. I think I'm going to make this again for my husband when he gets home. Wonderful drink thanks so much for posting! Made for Spring PAC 2009