Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple and easy to make these muffins are absolutely heavenly. The cinnamon-topped muffins have a jam-filled center similar to a jelly doughnut, but are much easier to make. Found the recipe in a cookbook and it has delighted one and all every time.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 10 teaspoons jam
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Lightly beat egg. Combine next 4 ingredients (no. 6 -9) in a small bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full; place 1 tsp jam on top. Cover jam with enough batter to fill cups 3/4th full.
- Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- TOPPING: Place melted butter in a small bowl; combine the sugar and cinnamon in another bowl.
- Immediately after removing muffins from the oven, dip tops in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar.
- Serve warm.