Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the November 2006 issue of Bon Appetit magazine.
- 340.19 g bag fresh cranberries
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml water
- 11.09 ml finely grated orange peel
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground allspice
- 0.59 ml ground cloves
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- 7.39 ml peeled grated fresh ginger
- Combine cranberries, sugar, water, orange peel and kosher salt in a heavy medium saucepan.
- Add cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Bring to boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until most of cranberries burst, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to medium bowl.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in ginger. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Can be prepared 1 week ahead; keep refrigerated.