Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the November 2006 issue of Bon Appetit magazine.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peeled grated fresh ginger
- Combine cranberries, sugar, water, orange peel and kosher salt in a heavy medium saucepan.
- Add cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Bring to boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until most of cranberries burst, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to medium bowl.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in ginger. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Can be prepared 1 week ahead; keep refrigerated.