Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
In 'The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever' by Beatrice Ojakangas
Make and share this Cinnamon and Apple-Stuffed French Toast Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Arrange half the bread cubes in an 8-inch baking dish.
- Distribute the cream cheese cubes evenly over the bread.
- Distribute the chopped apple over the top, and cover with the remaining bread cubes.
- Beat the eggs, milk, and cinnamon together; pour over all.
- Bake for 35 minutes, uncovered.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- *Fresh Blueberry-Stuffed FrenchToast--substitute 2 cups blueberries for the apple and proceed as directed.
- *Fresh Strawberry-Stuffed French Toast--substitute 2 cups sliced strawberries for the apple and proceed as directed.
- *Toasted Almond and Peach-Stuffed French Toast--replace the apples with 2 large peaches, peeled and sliced; scatter the peaches over the cream cheese cubes, sprinkle with 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds, and proceed as directed.
Will definitely give this recipe a try because it's so adaptable. I love all the variations, so it can be adapted to what fruit is available seasonally. Thank you!
This was a very yummy recipe! I substituted sourdough for whole wheat bread (used 7 slices as it is thinner) and a cortland apple instead of golden delicious/granny smith. Definitely recommend serving with maple syrup! Thanks for the great recipe!