Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe is from American Almond Products.
For the Crumb Topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
For the Cake Batter
- 1 (10 ounce) can almond paste
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk or 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- powdered sugar (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease a 10-inch tube pan. Line the bottom with a disk of parchment paper.
- For the topping, combine the flour, sugars, cinnamon, butter and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Processes until all the ingredients are well combined. The mixture will resemble fine moist crumbs.
- For the cake batter, beat the Almond Paste with the sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until well combined, approximately 2 minutes. Add the butter and beat until fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Scrape the bowl then stir in the milk. Fold in the baking powder, flour and vanilla.
- Spread the batter into the pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out dry, approximately 50 to 60 minute. Cool on a rack then unmold.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.