Recipe by Vino Girl
Cooking Light, August 2007. The dough for these cookies needs to be refrigerated for 1 hour before baking.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted cake flour
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup ice water
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter and granulated sugar in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes).
- Place almonds in a spice or coffee grinder; process until finely ground.
- Combine flour, ground almonds, 2/3 cup powdered sugar, salt, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and cloves.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat until just combined.
- Add 1/4 cup ice water; beat on low speed until moist.
- Gently press mixture into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until thoroughly chilled.
- Preheat oven to 300°F COat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Shape dough into 30 (1-inch) balls.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on coated baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine 2 teaspoons powdered sugar and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over cooled cookies.