1/2 Photos of Cinnabons - Cinnamon Buns From Heaven
2 hrs 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1 cup water (105-115 degree)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup warmed milk
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 7 cups all-purpose flour (or more if needed, up to 8)
- 1 cup melted butter, , divided
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups raisins (optional)
- 1To prepare dough: In a cup, combine yeast, warm water and 1 tsp sugar, stir and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, mix milk, remaining 2/3 cup sugar, melted butter, salt and eggs; stir well and add yeast mixture.
- 3Add half the flour and beat until smooth.
- 4Stir in enough of the remaining flour until dough is slightly stiff (dough will be sticky).
- 5Turn out onto a well-floured board; knead 5-10 minutes.
- 6Place in well-buttered glass or plastic bowl, cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 7When doubled, punch down dough and let rest 5 minutes.
- 8Roll out on floured surface into a 15 x 20 inch rectangle.
- 9To prepare filling: Spread dough with 1/2 cup melted butter.
- 10Mix together 1 1/2 cups sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over buttered dough.
- 11Sprinkle with walnuts and raisins, if desired.
- 12Roll up jellyroll-fashion and pinch edge together to seal.
- 13Cut into 12 slices.
- 14Coat bottom of a 13-by-9-inch baking pan and an 8-inch square pan with remaining 1/2 cup melted butter, then sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- 15Place cinnamon roll slices close together in pans.
- 16Let rise in warm place until dough is doubled in bulk,about 45 minutes.
- 17Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 18Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until rolls are nicely browned.
- 19Cool rolls slightly.
- 20To prepare glaze: Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix melted butter, powdered sugar and vanilla; add hot water 1 Tbsp at a time until glaze reaches desired spreading consistency.
- 21Spread over slightly cooled rolls.
- 22These will taste most like the originals if you use Makara Cinnamon (available at the Cinnabon Stands) instead of conventional powdered cinnamon from the supermarket.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnabons - Cinnamon Buns From Heaven
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 931.5
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 129.0 mg
- Sodium 729.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 80.1 g
- Protein 10.1 g