Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Clever cinnamon-bun cookies that taste like a cross between cinnamon toast and the ever-popular mall-bought dessert! Very addictive! Serve along with my Perfect Cream Cheese Frosting for dunking.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Oven 375°.
- Cream together; the first 4 ingredients.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, and the flour.
- Cover the dough and place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Combine the filling ingredients and place in the microwave.
- heat until butter melts.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions.
- Roll each out into a 12 x 6-inch rectangle.
- Spread half of the filling onto each rectangle.
- Roll each lengthwise into a log.
- Cut into 1-inch slices.
- Place each coookie onto a greased cookie sheet about an inch or so apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before removing from the pan with a spatula.
- *I find it is easier to slice the rolls of dough if you first put them into the freezer for a few minutes.
These are excellent with some cream cheese frosting on top. They are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside- yummy! I would definitely recommend freezing them a little before cutting into cookies- made it much easier. Thanks for posting!
very tasty. Could use a bit of frosting on top of it. Other than that it was very good.
These are an unusual cookie but filled with flavour. I will be making these again for sure. Thanks for the recipe.