Recipe by Harley Seashell Princess
Clever cinnamon-bun cookies that taste like a cross between cinnamon toast and the ever-popular mall-bought dessert! Very addictive! Serve along with my Perfect Cream Cheese Frosting for dunking.
Top Review by Shuzbud
These are excellent with some cream cheese frosting on top. They are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside- yummy! I would definitely recommend freezing them a little before cutting into cookies- made it much easier. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven 375°.
- Cream together; the first 4 ingredients.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, and the flour.
- Cover the dough and place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Combine the filling ingredients and place in the microwave.
- heat until butter melts.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions.
- Roll each out into a 12 x 6-inch rectangle.
- Spread half of the filling onto each rectangle.
- Roll each lengthwise into a log.
- Cut into 1-inch slices.
- Place each coookie onto a greased cookie sheet about an inch or so apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before removing from the pan with a spatula.
- *I find it is easier to slice the rolls of dough if you first put them into the freezer for a few minutes.