Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
this is a top secret recipe..have not made them myself yet..but plan to
Make and share this Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1 ounce) package yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- to prepare the rolls.dissolve yeast in warm milk in large bowl.
- add the sugar, margarine, salt, eggs, and flour.mix well.
- knead dough into large ball.
- using your hands dusted lightly with flour.
- put in bowl, cover and let rise in warm place about 1 hour or doubled.
- Roll the dough out on lightly floured surface.
- roll the dough flat.
- about 21" long and 16" wide.
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- combine filling ingredients and spread over dough.
- roll up from long side.
- cut with dental floss and place 6 at a time in lightly greased pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or lightly browned.
- combine icing ingredients and coat each roll while still a little warm.
Isnt the yeast usually only one pouch (1/4 ounce)? one ounce is ALOT of yeast! I made this recipe with onlu 1/4 ounce of yeast and they came out PERFECT! Thanks for posting!
This has become my go-to cinnamon roll recipe. A couple changes--I use real butter--I think it tastes much better than margarine in baked goods--and I let the rolls rise for a second time after I cut them and put them in the pan. They are fabulous and my whole family devours them!
These are so yummy! My family loves it when I make these Cinnamon Rolls. I usually make 2 batches & freeze them. Then defrost in Microwave, heat in the oven for about 10 min, & they taste like they were just made. I'm definitely going to do this for Christmas morning this year. I think it will be a new tradition for Christmas morn. Sure beats Pillsbury. Makes the house smell amazing as well. :-)