I acquired this wonderful recipe off of some serious pregnancy craving searching one day!
Make and share this Cinnabon Cheesecake (Like Tgi Friday's) recipe from Food.com.
For the Base Batter
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening or 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
For the Cream Cheese Batter
- 2 -8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (optional) or 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 eggs
For the Cinnamon Filling
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
For the Icing
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- milk (if needed to thin icing)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease springform pan.
- TO PREPARE BASE BATTER:.
- Cream 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup shortening, and 1 egg together; Add milk and vanilla. set aside.
- Sift together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine the sifted and creamed ingredients together. Once batter is mixed, it should be nice and thick; set aside.
- TO PREPARE THE CREAM CHEESE BATTER:.
- Cream all the ingredients for the cream cheese batter together, set aside.
- TO PREPARE THE CINNAMON FILLING:.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter then mix in the brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- TO PREPARE THE CHEESECAKE:.
- Take the base batter and spread half of it on the bottom of the pan. Next, spread the entire amount of cream cheese batter on top. Take the rest of the base batter and drop spoonfuls over the entire top of cheesecake. After that take the cinnamon filling and drop spoonfuls over entire top. Once finished, take a knife to swirl the ingredients together.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for about 45 minutes, cake will be puffy and lightly browned. Let chill and serve with icing drizzled over the top.
- TO PREPARE THE ICING:.
- Cream 2 tbsp cream cheese and 2 tbsp butter together. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla, then powdered sugar. If icing is too thick, thin with milk.
Off the charts! I was looking for something special to serve as my Mom's birthday dessert and this had special written all over it. Really much more simple than you'd think- just get out three bowls (I don't sift) and I had my cheesecake in the oven in about 15 minutes. It did get all crackled on top, but I thought that was what really made it look like a giant cinnamon roll! The icing had a very lemony taste to it, so I added 1 cup more powdered sugar to it to balance it out. Then I drizzled it lightly over the top (but not so much you couldn't see what the cheesecake looked like). It was a hit- and it actually tastes like a cinnamon rolls! I can't wait to make this again- DH wanted to take some for breakfast (and he normally isn't a cheesecake fan!).
I used every cheesecake trick I knew of to make sure that the cheesecake did not crack and it worked. I baked it in a water bath on the lowest rack in the oven. I left the cheesecake in the oven, with the oven off and with the oven door ajar after the initial 45 minutes bake time and then I left the cake on the counter to cool to room temperature. The cheesecake is very delicious and very rich. I had to play around with the icing proportions to get a better flavor. I added a healthy pinch of salt and probably about an extra 1/2 c. of confectioners' sugar. I also added a few tablespoons of milk to get the correct consistency. I served the cheesecake at room temperature. Everyone loved the cheesecake.
I made this for Thanskgiving this year. It was a huge hit and was all gone the next day. I loved it, but wish there was more of the creamy cheesecake and not so much of the batter mixture swirled it. Very good!! My first cheesecake!! I will be trying more of them in the future.