Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
OH MY! This is heaven in a pan. Delicious served warm anytime of the day or night.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (not margarine)
- 1 cup butter, softened (not margarine)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup nuts (optional)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- n an electric or stand mixer mix the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Once combined well, slowly stir in melted butter. (1 stick).
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the 2 sticks of softened butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nuts until well combined.
- Drop evenly over cake batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center.
- Place powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm cake.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
This may be my new favorite dessert. I'm not sure it tastes like a cinnabon but it is really good. I also like how it's made with ingredients I usually have on hand.
I got this recipe from a friend via Facebook. The only difference is that I only used 4 Tablespoons of melted butter in the cake batter. And, the cake still turned out rich & moist & fluffy! Great cinnabon flavour!!
Excellent cake considering how quick it is to make and how utterly simple the ingredients are! Made 1/2 recipe and baked in 9" silicon pan - was done (with a few crumbs sticking to the toothpick!) in 23 minutes. Thanks for sharing, will definitely make again!