Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
2008 Grand Prize-Winning Betty Crocker Cookie Recipe! Prep time includes the mixing and the rolling of each cookie.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, mix cookie mix and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Stir in butter and egg until soft dough forms.
- On piece of waxed paper, shape 1 tablespoon cinnamon into a line about 5 inches long.
- Using floured fingers, shape 1 level tablespoon of dough into a rope 5 inches long and 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Press one side of dough rope into cinnamon.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, coil dough rope tightly, cinnamon side facing center, into cinnamon-roll shape.
- Press end of rope into roll to seal.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Place cookies 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies.
- Note: High altitude (3500-6500 feet) decrease butter by 1/3 cup.