Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Like a cinnamon roll in muffin form! Well almost, haha. These moist and tasty muffins are variations on my Sour Cream Muffins. For extra presentation, crust the tops of muffin with cinnamon and sugar, yum yum.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs then make a well in center of mixture.
- Beat egg in a small bowl; add sugar, sour cream , raisins and milk.
- Add to flour mixture, mixing just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans until cups are about 2/3 full. Or grease pans and the surface around the pan as well, filling cups all the way, this will produce muffins with larger tops, though less muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes about 12.