Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another great vegan recipe from http://www.theppk.com, I really should watch their show (except I'm not vegan) but this bread is delicious anyway...
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds (mixed with 6 tablespoons water)
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk or 1⁄4 cup rice milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour or spray an 8 1/2" x 4 & 1/2" loaf pan.
- Soak raisins in apple juice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, oats, and brown sugar.
- Add applesauce, oil, flax slurry, and soymilk. Stir until just combined.
- Mix in raisins and juice.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and let cool.