Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are great! I made these by mistake one morning and they turned out fabulous. You can serve these with apple butter and maple syrup, applesauce or fresh apples on top, but they're also just as good with regular maple syrup and butter on top. This is a large recipe since we prefer to freeze homemade waffles and reheat them in the toaster, toaster oven or microwave for future meals. My dear husband and I also like to make breafast sandwiches with the reheated leftover waffles using 2-1/4 waffles, a meat (sausage patty, bacon, or ham), egg and/or cheese. Perfect little sandwiches for on the go.
- 4 cups flour
- 4 large eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat waffle iron.
- Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy.
- Beat in remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and cook for approximately 5 minutes (or according to your waffle iron directions).
- Serve immediately or cool to pack into freezer bags and freeze.
AWESOME! I made it just as the recipe says; came out perfect. :) I only added a little more vanilla... personal preference. My fiance, who is on a diet currently, tried a small bite and was so tempted to eat one. This will be my official waffle recipe now, haha. Thanks, THCC!
Yummy Yummy Yummy pancakes. Great recipe to make for freezing. Wonderful cinnamon flavor.