Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from my friend, Cindy and is a favorite with everyone who tries it. When I take it to gatherings, I carry the dressing, oranges, bacon and avocados separately and assemble just before serving.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 3 bunches spinach
- 24 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb bacon, fried, drained and crumbled
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 avocados, chopped
- Mix dressing ingredients together and refrigerate.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Lift dressing out of fridge about 15 minutes before serving.
- Pour over salad and toss well.