Recipe by CIndytc
This is a recipe I made up by taking a few things from a couple different recipes to fit into our own tastes. I used a marinade on the chicken that is half western dressing & half italian dressing that our butcher store here at home makes...it is wonderful and a pink color...then just grill them up and slice onto your salad. You can use any marinated chicken breasts that fit your families tastes.
Top Review by mydesigirl
I looked forward to this all day long and it was not a disappointment!! This salad was fantastic! I roasted my corn like suggested,skipped the bacon bits and used fat free cheese. I made the dressing using fat free ranch dressing. I let the dressing sit in the fridge for about 2 hours to let the flavors blend. I also marinated the breasts in fat free zesty Italian dressing for about 4 hours before I grilled them. I can't say enough about how good this salad was! All of the different flavors just came together so well. Thank you so much for posting this!! :)
- 2 lbs marinated boneless chicken breasts, grilled
- 4 stalks romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups kernel corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups black beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mexican cheese
- bacon bits
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 3⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 3⁄4 cup salsa, of your choice
- 2 teaspoons dried taco seasoning mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill your chicken breasts, and slice thin.
- Roast your corn kernals over high heat in a pan with a little oil (you can add a tsp or 2 of packaged Fahita mix to it as it roasts for a more spicy taste if you like).
- layer everything onto large plates. Place sliced chicken on top and crumble some nacho chips on top if you like. Drizzle dressing on top and enjoy -- .