Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Hi! This is a very quick and simple chicken soup recipe. I have been making it for years. I usually just cook the chicken in water to make the broth. I cook the chicken till it falls off the bones.
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 473.18 ml diced potatoes
- 236.59 ml diced carrot (optional)
- 236.59 ml diced celery (optional)
- 118.29 ml diced onion (optional)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken
- 453.59 g processed cheese, like velveeta
- Cook the veggies in the chicken broth until tender.
- Add the chicken until hot.
- Slice in the cheese and stir until melted.
Wonderful recipe! I followed all of the ingredients except I started out with raw chicken breasts because I cooked it in the crock pot. I added the cheese in for the last 15 minutes and stirred. The broth was rich and creamy and oh so good! Thanks so much for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs '08.