Recipe by PuglyDuckling
This fruit salad is so good and easy to make I always take it to potlucks and family dinners, thus it has become known as "Cindy's Salad." Some feel it is more of a 'fluffy' dessert rather than a side dish, but can be served either way.
- 3 cups water
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (3 ounce) packagecook and serve tapioca pudding (not instant, I can only ever find Jell-o brand)
- 1 (15 ounce) candrained mandarin oranges
- 1 (8 ounce) candrained crushed pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, bring water to boil.
- Whisk in gelatin and pudding mixes; return to boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Fold in oranges, pineapple and whipped topping.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Cover and let refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up.