Prep 3 hrs
Cook 5 mins
This fruit salad is so good and easy to make I always take it to potlucks and family dinners, thus it has become known as "Cindy's Salad." Some feel it is more of a 'fluffy' dessert rather than a side dish, but can be served either way.
- 3 cups water
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (3 ounce) packagecook and serve tapioca pudding (not instant, I can only ever find Jell-o brand)
- 1 (15 ounce) candrained mandarin oranges
- 1 (8 ounce) candrained crushed pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping, thawed
- In saucepan, bring water to boil.
- Whisk in gelatin and pudding mixes; return to boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Fold in oranges, pineapple and whipped topping.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Cover and let refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up.
I made this for dessert tonight and WOW! It is very light and refreshing. I used strawberry Jell-o because we like that better. Thanks so much for posting!!
Very good recipe and yes, I used it as a dessert instead of a salad. I followed your directions exactly but spooned the pudding into little dessert cups, then refrigerated. My family wanted to know what was up, because I hardly every make a dessert during the week. They loved it and that pleases me. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Yum! This is very much like a recipe I make except that I boil it for 6 minutes, stirring constantly. It gets nice and thick!