Prep 6 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is an old recipe I got from my mother. This is the only way I make vegetable soup...
- 3 lbs beef bones with marrow
- 1 -2 lb stew meat
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) tomato paste
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can potatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parsley flakes, dried
- 8 ounces noodles, any kind
- In a large dutch oven pan take your meat bones, stew meat and the salt and pepper, cover with water, simmer covered for 4 hours.
- Remove bones, cut up meat and take off any fat on top.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, cover and simmer for another 2 hours.
- Add noodles the last 20 minutes.
- Serve, you can freeze any leftovers.
Very tasty soup! The house smelled wonderful while it cooked and I have freezer cartons ready when I want it again. We had a chilly fall week with lots of rain so good hot soup is a blessing. I will be making this again. Thanks for posting a keeper Cindy! Made for Fall 2009 PAC.