Recipe by Aubrey K
My mom worked long and hard to come up with a recipe to rival our local mexican restaraunts AMAZING chicken soup. I think she really hit the nail on the head.
- 3 (32 ounce) boxes low sodium chicken broth
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 poblano peppers (chopped)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (15 ounce) cans rotel
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the chicken in the broth.
- In the meantime, in a skillet that is lightly coated with olive oil (or spray) , saute the onions, garlic and peppers. Add the spices to the sauteed mixture.
- Remove the chicken from broth and chop. Bring the broth to a boill, add the rice, reduce heat. Add the pepper mixture, chicken, cans of rotel, dash of worcestershire and cilanto and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Serve with chopped tomatoes, cilantro and avocado. Add a slice of lime of some lime zest.