Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Let these cute lil meeces adorn your next Halloween Party! Let the kids help make them with you. They get a kick out of making their own little mice!
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- 16 pimento stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
- Hard boil the eggs.
- Gently crack the eggs against a hard surface, then carefully peel off the shells.
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks, and put them in a small bowl.
- Mash the yolks with a fork until they are crumbly.
- Add mayonnaise and blend.
- Carefully fill the empty egg whites with yolk mixture.
- Cover a platter with lettuce leaves, setting a leaf or two aside for garnish.
- Arrange the egg halves, yolk side down, on the leaves. These are your mice.
- To give them each eyes and a nose, pull the pimento out of an olive and cut it into 3 small pieces.
- Cut 32 thin, lengthwise strips from several of the green olives. Stick two of these strips end to end onto the back end of the mouse to form the tail.
- Out of the remaining olives, cut 32 small triangular ear pieces.
- To Garnish.
- Tear small pieces of lettuce and position in front of the mice's mouths.
- As a final touch, heap a pile of mouse droppings (chocolate sprinkles) on the platter to re-create an authentically tidy mouse toilette.
I made these cute little mice along with the recipe for Spooky Eyeballs, and they were both a huge hit among my party guests. They were so cute, everyone loved them. I will definately be making these again next year. Thank you Linda for posting this here on Zaar!