Recipe by TNlady
This is a colorful chicken salad with some unusual flavor combinations. You can make it ahead and assembly when ready.
- 6 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 15 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles, added before served
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, washed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the water chestnuts into narrow strips.
- Blend the mustard and mayonnaise together and set aside.
- Gently fold all the the other ingredients together except for the chow mein noodles.
- now gently fold in the mayonnaise mixture.
- Serve on top of whole leaf lettuce or chopped lettuce and sprinkle some of the chow mein noodles on top.
- Cilantro can be added instead of parsley for a slightly different taste if you prefer.