Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wonderfully simple and delicious! Good for breakfast with butter and honey or milk gravy, and as a quick fresh bread to go with a meal.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Cut in butter with fork or pastry cutter (or hands :).
- Use a fork to beat in milk gradually to form a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, flatten dough to 3/4 inch.
- Using a biscuit cutter or small rimmed glass dipped in flour, cut out biscuits.
- Place biscuits on cookie tray or baking stone and bake at 425 for approx 8-10min (top will golden slightly).
So easy and tasty! Served with bacon gravy for breakfast. This was my first attempt at making biscuits. I normally use the frozen buttermilk kind, but this morning I was all out and DH wanted biscuits and gravy. Not as easy as taking pre-made biscuits out of a bag, but almost :-) Just as tasty and much cheaper!! Thank you!
These were great little biscuits which were very easy to throw together and also very tasty. You just can't beat them with some butter and strawberry jam! Thanks, gypsysister. (: PAC 2007