Recipe by gypsysister
Wonderfully simple and delicious! Good for breakfast with butter and honey or milk gravy, and as a quick fresh bread to go with a meal.
Top Review by MarlaM
So easy and tasty! Served with bacon gravy for breakfast. This was my first attempt at making biscuits. I normally use the frozen buttermilk kind, but this morning I was all out and DH wanted biscuits and gravy. Not as easy as taking pre-made biscuits out of a bag, but almost :-) Just as tasty and much cheaper!! Thank you!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Cut in butter with fork or pastry cutter (or hands :).
- Use a fork to beat in milk gradually to form a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, flatten dough to 3/4 inch.
- Using a biscuit cutter or small rimmed glass dipped in flour, cut out biscuits.
- Place biscuits on cookie tray or baking stone and bake at 425 for approx 8-10min (top will golden slightly).