Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came to me from my friend Cindy. She has brought this to a few parties and ALWAYS leaves with an empty bowl! This salad is prettiest in a trifle bowl so you can see all of the layers, but you can use any bowl.
- 1 head lettuce (shredded, you'll use most of 1 head)
- 1 (6 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 1 (6 ounce) bagshredded carrots
- 1 lb bacon (cooked crisp and crumbled)
- 4 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green olives (sliced)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans water chestnuts
- 3 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 (6 ounce) bagof freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (sliced)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Best Foods Mayonnaise (enough to cover top layer and seal edges)
- Layer salad in order above, starting with lettuce.
- Top with mayonnaise.
- Garnish with sliced egg or tomatoes if desired.
- Note: The amounts will differ depending on the size of bowl you use. The idea is to create distint layers.